Vice President of Patient Services
Award-winning hospital seeks a dynamic registered nurse to lead and direct all nursing and related services throughout the organization. In addition, this position will:
- Support and Advise the Chief Executive Officer on matters affecting the nursing services
- Serve as a liaison between the medical staff and the nursing services
- Combine nursing knowledge with administrative skills to develop long term goals designed to ensure the highest possible patient care
Certifications and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) required
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred
- State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse license required
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) preferred
- Nurse Executive certification desirable
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Prior supervisory experience in a management position(s) in a hospital setting required
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered
Full time position consisting of a variable schedule
- Essential that the incumbent be well versed in hospital accreditation requirements; principles of risk management; quality improvement and coaching; organizational behavior; and human response to disease.
- In-depth knowledge of the nursing discipline in combination with a high level of general knowledge of hospital operations is critical.
- Ability to respond swiftly, rationally, and decisively to emergencies or other complex situations that might arise within a medical facility is vital.
- Able to solve a wide range of highly complex multidisciplinary problems which must consider long-term hospital planning.
- Position requires extensive theoretical and practical knowledge in several specialized and complex fields or disciplines, and the ability to integrate practical information from such fields or disciplines.
- Work is broad in scope and requires an understanding of several major organizational functions within SPH.
- Policy, procedure and precedent are created and/or approved by this position.
- A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required for decision-making and problem-solving purposes.
- Skills in understanding, flexibility, explaining, teaching, selecting, developing and motivating people are important to the highest degree.
- Frequently requires attending or conducting meetings and hours of work beyond the normal work-day.
- Handles stressful issues on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate a number of computer systems and office equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills in motivation, managing change, conflict resolution, and written and oral communication.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.