Title: Director - Continuum of Care
FTE: 1.00 FTE (40 hours/week)
Schedule: Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:30 pm
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
The Director of Care Continuum is responsible for leading the organization-wide continuum care management and optimized site of service initiatives from a strategic and operational perspective, including primary care, community-based services, disease management, and discharge planning. This position identifies the care coordination gaps and develops strategies to be implemented to close such gaps. development and optimization of a systems approach to the continuum of care for SPH.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with SPH and community partners to develop and implement an integrated care management program that connects services across the continuum (acute care, primary care, specialty care, long term acute care hospitals, sub-acute level of care, long term, case management and social work, post-acute providers) to optimize clinical outcomes and resource stewardship.
- Facilitate a comprehensive, cohesive, and coordinated approach to the care of patients over time, in multiple environments and across the entire spectrum of healthcare services delivery.
- Provide leadership in developing, planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating continuum of care services in terms of overall goals of clinical quality, value, and satisfaction.
- Ensure that strategies and tactics are identified and operationalized across the organization - ultimately leading to improvements in care coordination, especially for our high risk and complex patients.
- Cultivate partnerships with physicians, nursing, and operational leaders across the care delivery setting and within and outside the organization.
- Provide a multi-disciplinary forum with an SPH perspective to evaluate strategic and tactical issues related to the continuum, pilot ideas for new methods of delivering care (e.g., partnerships with senior centers to address the healthcare needs of the frail elderly).
- Study and assist in the development of best practices for managing post-acute patient care.
- Study and analyze the financial and clinical services’ impact of current continuum care practices.
- Work with leaders in case management, social work, SNF partners, and post- acute providers to assess current resources and expertise. Then, with the assessment reimagine and deploy resources across the continuum that decrease care fragmentation and enhance care understanding for all patients.
- Function as the subject matter expert on care coordination evidence and innovation.
- Other duties assignment
- Monitor data to ensure performance indicators are met.
- Assume leadership role in establishing and achieving department goals.
- Develop and monitor assigned budgets. Analyze budget reports monthly to identify and correct for variances.
- Analyze and prioritize capital equipment requests and ensures equipment is replaced appropriately.
- Identify and implement cost containment programs to be fiscally responsible.
- Manage general personnel management matters, including hiring, performance management, training and development, and termination.
- Oversee and manage the selection of candidates for available positions within assigned department(s).
- Coach, counsel and engage in corrective action with staff as appropriate.
- Hold personnel accountable for all activities outlined in their job descriptions, Service Excellence Standards, and other organizational requirements.
- Serve on hospital committees as assigned.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited nursing program, BSN required within 5 years of appointment.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in business or healthcare administration or healthcare-related discipline
Licenses and Registrations
- Required: Three or more years direct nursing experience in a hospital setting
- Preferred: Three to five years of clinical management/leadership in which principles of nursing practice, judgment and supervisory abilities have been demonstrated.
- Required: State of Wisconsin license as registered nurse
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) with 3 months of hire
- Preferred: None
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance