Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
FTE: 0.90 FTE (36 hours/week)
Schedule: Variable 12 hour day/night from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm or 7:00 pm - 7:00 am
Holiday Rotation: Holiday rotation per unit guidelines
Weekend Rotation: Every third weekend
Under the supervision of a nurse, provide direct patient care, comfort, and assistance with activities of daily living and rehabilitation. Must be adaptable to changes in daily assignments, patient status changes and unit needs as well as have the ability to stay organized in a busy and demanding setting.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Responsible for executing duties as assigned.
- Establish and meet timeline for patient care and other forms of work.
- Answer patient call lights within the parameters outlined by unit-specific guidelines.
- Provide basic hygiene that may include bathing, oral care, and dressing of patient.
- Assist with toileting, turning and ambulation in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Takes patient vital signs, including: blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature, oxygen level and glucose monitoring.
- Timely and accurately relay and document information to include physical and mental status changes, vital signs, meal consumption, liquid intake, glucose results, distances walked, and daily bowel movement and urine amounts.
- Effectively relay information to the next CNA on shift, or to the nurse in charge. Participate in bedside reporting.
- Safely care for multiple patients. Use safety precautions appropriately.
- Ensure a clean, safe and organized environment equipped with adequate supplies for each patient.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Removes and tags equipment from patient use when in need of repair.
- Float to other units as necessary.
- May have precepting responsibility.
- Participate in education by attending inservices as required. Attend 75% of unit meetings.
- Demonstrate understanding and utilization of Universal Precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures.
Required: High school degree or equivalent
Preferred: Previous experience as a CNA
Licenses and Registrations
Required: Valid certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant
Required: Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 3 months of hire date
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance