We are seeking an Athletic Trainer to:
- Coordinate outreach athletic training services to youth, high school and recreational athletes.
- Provide coverage at community events and provide patient care as needed.
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine, or related field,
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- 1 year of relative experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- State of Wisconsin Athletic Trainer license required.
- BLS certification within 90 days of hire.
- Skilled in understanding, explaining, teaching, coaching, and motivating people are critical.
- Must have in-depth knowledge about sports medicine, exercise physiology and body mechanics.
- Must be knowledgeable about all of the exercise equipment in the fitness center.
- Ability to understand and interpret exercise responses and make clinical decisions based on this.
- Remain current in exercise physiology, health and fitness issues and overall cardiovascular and physical health.
- Must be able to solve a variety of problems in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and handle conflict.
- Position requires courtesy, tact, ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential, and a person committed to quality care.
- Part time position consisting of 48 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (0.60 FTE)
- Monday – Friday: 3:00pm – 6:00pm plus event coverage (Including Saturday events)
- Full time Limited Term (4 months) position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (1.00 FTE)
- Monday through Friday: 7:45am – 5:00pm in clinic with possible coverage at schools
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.